Hey sweet friends -
Welcome to our Monthly ProjectPea Blog Hop!!
Each month we challenge our fabulous team of ProjectPea Designers to create FUN & CREATIVE projects that are sure to make you look at your stamp sets with brand new eyes!
Our team has pulled out all of the stops with a variety of projects that will spark YOUR creativity. Click through to each of their blogs (listed at the end of my post) to see the FUN they have dreamed up. Leave a little blog love for the team and one lucky commenter will WIN a $15 Gift Certificate to the SPD Boutique.
For my project I decided to alter a paper mache star box. I can always use a special gift box to hold a special gift.
I went for a bright and cute look! Here is a bit of the process for making this cute box:
- I started with a paper mache star box and painted the top green and the bottom teal.
- There is an insert in the lid that you can remove, so I did so and covered it with designer paper.
- Once the paint was dry I added dots of Lime Liquid Pearls (Ranger) along the outside edge of the lid.
- I then die cut a couple of clouds and a sun (Lawn Fawn). I actually cut two sets and then layered them together so that the embellishments would be sturdy.
- I coated the clouds with Glossy Accents and sprinkled with Clear Rocky Candy Fine Glitter (Ranger).
- I stamped a little goat from Totes Ma Goats on Choice Snow White cardstock, colored with Copic markers and cut out.
- Stamped the matching sentiment on green cardstock and trimmed to size.
- Die cut a stitched circle (MFT) from kraft cardstock.
- Assembly: once the clouds were dry I began adhering all the pieces to the box top using foam dimensional tapes and liquid adhesive.
- Added in a few sequins and a bit of olive burlap ribbon (May Arts for a final touch).
Stamps and sentiments are from the Totes Ma Goats set which you can find in the shop HERE.
Check out the rest of the team for more fun projects: